WCC COVID-19 UPDATES
Risk management committee – volunteers wanted
Walden CC is looking for a few volunteers who would sit on a committee that could assist the club in discussing and developing policies, programs and general guidelines that would help lead the club through the upcoming season in light of the covid pandemic . Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Voluntary Covid Donation
An opportunity to support the club will be added on to the membership form as a donation to a “Covid expense“ fee . We anticipate increased costs in a number of areas – PPE, cleaning supplies , staffing, new outdoor seating areas and likely other unexpected costs. Although, we anticipate a good response on membership this season, we will potentially lose revenue in other areas such as group rentals, school groups , ski equipment rentals etc . Hoping we can count on support from our membership in this request.
2020-21 Youth Programming
Discussions are currently underway on Walden’s childrens programming opportunity.There are likely to be some time and day additions, additional coaching requests – but we plan for the program to go ahead in one form or another – stay tuned
Mary Waddell – President of Walden CC is a member of the committee on Return to Skill Dev Programs (Bunnyrabbits /Jackrabbit/s Track Attack) https://xcskiontario.ca/safe-sport/covid-19/ so Walden CC will have first hand knowledge of developed protocols that will be very useful when organizing and implementing our programs this upcoming season
*Please note that all programming will be following SDHU and Greater Sudbury guidelines/rules*
COVID CODE OF CONDUCT
This code of conduct is to help inform all members of the procedures in place to ensure that we may safely operate and to confirm that all members will take shared responsibility towards meeting the requirements related to COVID-19.
1. The conditions identified in this document are minimum requirements and everyone on Walden Cross Country (WCC) premises must act responsibly and in accordance with them. Due to the unique nature of this pandemic, all who attend the Club must recognize that collectively we are doing our best and cannot be held liable should anyone fall sick of COVID-19 or a related illness, after coming to the Club.
2. Should a member observe that another person at WCC is not respecting these parameters, it is acceptable to politely and respectfully ask that person to conform to our requirements.
3. These are not normal circumstances. All members are asked to be flexible and polite.
4. As the situation evolves, we will issue and communicate revised versions which will explain how we will continue to work together as we enjoy more activities at the Club, within governmental restrictions.
Around the Facility
1. Everyone who comes to Walden Cross Country must first read this document and be ready and equipped to fully abide by its provisions.
2. Do not, under any circumstances, come to the facility if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are living with a person who has such symptoms. If you are under a mandated self-isolation period, you are required to complete it before coming to the facility. Please refer to the provincial guide for any guidance https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment.
3. If you have high risk conditions such as immunocompriomised or have a chronic illness, you should consult your physician or public health resources to help you decide if you should come to the facility.
4. Walden Cross Country will provide hand sanitizing products. Members, however, may bring their own hand sanitizer and disinfectant and products to wipe down any door handles or shared areas before or after they touch them. This includes the use of hand sanitizer and disinfectant products.
5. Always maintain 2 metres between all individuals before, during and after activities.
6. In the event members are unable to maintain 2 metres between individuals, all members will carry a mask or face covering and wear it over the nose and mouth. Face coverings must be worn indoors in all facilities.
7. Walden Cross Country will post specific directives on the doors and notice boards, on the grounds, via e-mail, and on social media. Please look out for, read, and respect them.