Founded by former Canadian National Ski Team Member and Olympic Gold Medalist, Chandra Crawford in 2005, the Fast & Female organization’s mission is to support, motivate, inspire, and empower girls to stick to sports and the healthy lifestyle. Fast and Female fulfills its mission of “Empowerment Through Sport” by hosting fun-filled, non-competitive initiatives all across North-America aimed at exposing young female athletes to inspiring female Olympians, World Cup athletes, and elite level athletes. Each year, the program reaches thousands of young female aspiring champions and their families.
Join us for an afternoon of girl power! The Sudbury Champ Chat includes a physical literacy fitness circuit, yoga/dance party, autographs, and inspirational chats with our Fast and Female Ambassadors.
FAST AND FEMALE AMBASSADORS:
Fiona Shae Maude: Archer from North Bay. Two-time Team Canada member, world bronze medalist, and Canadian gold medalist.
Emily Jago: Varsity Rower who has competed in the OUA for the last 8 years. She is four-time OUA champion, four-time OUA All-Star, has received OUA Female Rowing Athlete of the Year, and competed at the 2015 FISU World University Games in South Korea.
Emily Marcolini: Cross country runner and road cyclist Canadian road nationals 5th place u23 in the Time Trial, the UCI 1.1 world Cup race Gatineau Grand prix and the Green Mountain stage race 4th overall and placed 3rd on the 3rd stage in the Elite women’s category.
Jessica Brugess: Olympic Style Boxer from Sudbury, Ontario. She is the current Provincial Golden Gloves Champion in the 51kg division, and will be competing for her National title in April.
Laura Williams: Competes on the Varsity Nordic team at Laurentian and ranked top 10 in the OUA in 2016
- WHEN: Saturday, January 21, 2017 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm EST
- WHERE: Naughton Community Centre, right next to 1935 Old Highway 17, Naughton, ON P0M 2M0
- WHO: Girls ages 8-18 years old
- COST: $30 per person
- Online registration closes Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
- Day of event registration is $35 (if space is still available).
- REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Fast and Female L.L.Bean Technical T-shirt (value $29)
- Chocoloate Milk2Go provided by Canada’s Dairy Farmers
- Canada’s Dairy Farmers / Fuelling Women Champions Water Bottle
- Fast and Female Poster
- CHAMP CHAT SCHEDULE:
- 12:30 PM – Check-in / Registration (30 minutes prior to event)
- 1:00 PM – Welcome to Fast and Female / Introduce Ambassadors / Group Photo
- 1:15 PM – Physical Literacy Fitness Circuit
- 2:15 PM – Inspirational Chat with Fast and Female Ambassadors / Q&A / Milk Break presented by Canada’s Dairy Farmers / Fuelling Women Champions
- 3:00 PM- Yoga / Dance Session
- 3:30 PM – Autographs & Photos
- 4:00 PM – Event Conclusion
- WHAT TO BRING:
- A freind with you!
- Water Bottle
- Active Clothing
- Gym Shoes
- Yoga Mat (Optional)